Saturday, February 25, 2012

A time to cherish






My Great grandmother was a wonderful baker.  She lived in a time when you baked the goods you wanted and it was a rarity if you did not.   I spent wonderful times with her at her home in a quiet city neighborhood.  And every visit involved baking or gardening. She had a fabulous engaging smile followed with a sweet and loving attitude.  How I wish I could have her over now to show her my new pie crust recipe or how I can bake bread.  The time with our loved ones is so short, so take time this week to cherish the moments going on in your life right now.  I am including a recipe from Gram and a picture or two.  I just received this recipe so I will test it this weekend but I am sure it is great.  I have never had anything from her that was anything but great.  I also included a calendar page from Jan 1970, and for those followers who know gram they will see she has crossed out card for Bobby, she already mailed it by then, Bobby is my dad.  And this would be the year she would have her second great granddaughter, my sister.  After this trip down memory lane please enjoy the cookie recipe and cherish the people in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment