Thursday, February 23, 2012

We all have our limitations!


I will just admit it I can cook a lot of things just by following a recipe, but the one that escapes me is steak.  That is right I have said it. I have rarely had a steak I like and it usually is not one I cooked.  I have a friend at work who thinks I should be ban from being able to buy steak.  He has told me many times it is a crime what I do to a perfectly good cut of meat.  That’s ok I still can do chicken and fish. So, what to do about all the steak in the freezer?  Well I have developed a recipe that not only can I do but tastes ok when I am done.  First a have to say if you are a steak fan and a big grill enthusiast please forgive me, you may want to just skim this lightly.   So here is what you will need:

2 steaks of about any kind thawed
2 medium onions diced
1 carrot diced
1 stalk of celery diced
3 tablespoons of butter
Salt and pepper
To start with turn on your crock pot to low, check Farmville for a while.  Take the steaks out and salt and pepper both sides well.  Play pioneer trail for a while.  The next step, grab a 8 to 12 inch skillet and turn it on to medium.  Toss in the butter and wait for it to melt.  Throw in the onions and cook until they are softened.  Toss in the carrots and celery and cook until they start to soften.  Dump everything into the crockpot.  I also add a cup or 2 of red wine but it is not essential.  Add the steaks on top and cook on low for 6 hours or until they start to fall apart. You can go play all the games you want while the steaks cook!  Let me know your favorite way to cook steak.

No comments:

Post a Comment