Saturday, March 24, 2012

Restaurant reviews


As I am away from my recipes and kitchen, I thought some reviews may be helpful.  I rarely go out without looking at them myself.  First the Union Block Italian Bistro in Hammondsport, NY.  The wife and I went there for our anniversary last year.  This is absolutely the best place I have ever eaten. All the food was fresh and perfectly prepared.  Service was outstanding, atmosphere was great.  A wonderful experience; if you have one place to go I would pick this one. Hammondsport happens to have tied for 1st place for” Americas’ Coolest Small Town” 

Next is Carraba’s Italian Grill.  This is a chain restaurant, but a good one.  We went there recently and found it to be a great place to eat.  My wife had a steak and I was able to get a bite.  It was certainly the best steak I have ever had.  I had a special (fish, ravioli, and scallops) and every part of it was just great.  Service and atmosphere were fantastic.  I am a pretty critical guy but there was nothing about Carraba’s that I could complain about.

No comments:

Post a Comment