Tuesday, July 31, 2012

let them eat cake




Ok, so this is a week of firsts and lasts.  We finally got someone to let us make their wedding cake.  And I say we because my wife did quite a bit to make this whole thing go well.  I searched the web for useful information and I did find one site that was helpful, thank you Edna.   Most of the sites I watched were kind of like Michael Jordon doing a video on how to dunk, see just jump up and stuff it.  Looking back it was kind of amusing to watch Edna smooth her cake in like 2 minutes, a task that took  me 2 days.  So the cake ended up ok and it will be the last butter cream cake we do.  I choose butter cream because most of the sites seem to use it and it is supposed to taste better.  Well fondant cannot taste bad enough to be worth the trouble of trying to smooth that cake.  So if you need a cake (locally) let me know, but it will have fondant.  I would like to first congratulate Mr. and Mrs. Martin Schreiber (Marty and Gabby) and thank them for letting us give this a try. 

2 comments:

  1. I only heard good comments about the cake as people ate it. It was even more beautiful in person. As mother of the groom, I would recommend RJ and Sue to make your cake!

    ReplyDelete