Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Ciao baby


We had a wonderful weekend of eating out.  I try to keep these reviews positive. So, we went out three times and I have one review for you.  The last and best place we went is Ciao of Ithaca.  I have to say I hate to write a bad review; you just never know when you are just trying a place if it was just a bad day for someone.  One of the places we went is a place we go often and always enjoy , we just happened to get a waitress that was a lunatic.  The other place we went, there was just nothing good to say about it.  So, back to Ciao.  I have to say this is the best local restaurant I have been to in years.  Not as good as Union Block Italian Bistro, but very good.  It had great décor; it reminded me a bit of Carrabas Italian Grill.  Very well done, clean, and inviting.  Or server was Trevor, and the service was absolutely great.  I am a former waiter so I am pretty hard on some of them, but this guy had it down.  And to be honest I watched a lot of the other waiters and they seem to be doing a good job too.  And last; the food.  Everything we ordered was freshly prepared and tasted great.  The presentation was outstanding, taking every effort with the plating to add to the meal.  I had a chicken sandwich and my wife had butternut ravioli, both really good.  We stayed for desert and that was just as good, great taste and perfectly plated.  So if you are around the Ithaca mall, can’t imagine why you would be, but stop by Ciao for some great food.

No comments:

Post a Comment